holly, jolly

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

We enjoyed our Christmas Eve with my dad's extended family feasting, opening gifts,
singing Christmas carols to my brother over speaker phone because he didn't make it
to Virginia to celebrate with us, playing Christmas trivia, and watching my cousin's
three children and Will have a dance party and laughing until our faces hurt. It was
a wonderful whirlwind of a day spent with some of my favorite people. The only thing
better would have been to have my brother there. (There's always next year, Tyler!)

We woke up Christmas morning to gifts under the tree, sunshine flooding in the windows,
coffee and hot cocoa with cinnamon rolls and bacon wrapped cocktail sausages, a super
cute little boy who was very excited that Santa had visited. My in-laws arrived, and
we taught Will how to open his presents. He wasn't quite sure what to make of all of
it and got so fixated on the gift he had just opened, so we had to hide things to get
him interested in the next package. He got cars and trucks, trains and train tracks,
books and more books, balls, a slide with sports center, clothing, his first Lego set,
and several other toys. After a little "assembly required" time, the grandmas showed Will
how to use his toys and the grandpas scratched off lottery tickets that Matt got for his
dad. After a big dinner, we took a short walk and I tried out my telephoto lens.

I can honestly say this has been my favorite Christmas to date. I am so happy we were
able to spend the holiday with both of our families. It was fun to see my parents as
grandparents for the first time on Christmas morning, and to watch all of our parents
just beaming with pride while watching Will in action. Will was so happy that all the
attention was on him, and he was such a little character. I am not sure that he really
"got" the whole Santa and Christmas thing, but he sure did have fun pretending!

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas, and I already can't wait for next year!

post signature